Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New Job

I have a new job. I'm so thankful to have a job! This summer I'm workin in the admissions office at Utah State. Right now I'm doing data entry....and I only have one word to say about that: BORING!!! But on the plus side, I basically get to choose my own hours. I never have to work past 5 PM and I never have to work on Saturdays or Sundays! And, it's VERY easy. I sit at a computer all day. The first day went a little something like this:

Whitney wanders by herself into the so called "Cave". Everyone in the Cave is talking and laughing. When Whitney walks in, everyone stops and looks at her and she says, "Hi Bonnie, I'm here for training." Then, there was silence. So Bonnie sat Whitney down and started explaining.
"When you first come in, log onto banner with your A number and password. Log onto banner, oh wait, you don't have a thing yet, Joy will get you one. There are such and such amount of programs on banner you'll work with: listing of all the programs here. Today you'll learn SRAQUIK. First, type the person's last name, first name. Hit tab. If nothing comes up, hit Ctrl Q then F9. Tab over and start typing their name followed by a %. Hit F8. Then Ctrl Q again, then Cntrl Pgdn, tab like a thousand times, ctrl q this tab that. shift F7...and Whitney got lost in the key commands!

Wow! I even took notes...but boy was it intimidating! But I'm glad to say that now I'm a whiz at the so called SRAQUIK program. I still have so so much to learn! But now I at least know there is hope! So is my job very boring and monotonous? Yes! But I actually kind of like it. i find myself getting into this sort of groove, and before I know it the time is passing! My shoulders ache ever day from sitting at a computer for so long...but it's not too bad! It'll be a nice summer job. I'll save me some good money...and work good hours. Perfect for still wanting to have summer fun, which I am greatly looking forward to! My new job=a good summer job:)

The End

1 comment:

  1. Oh geez... I now understand this post completely! I'm glad I had you to talk me through the ropes of the job!

    ReplyDelete