We spent Thanksgiving here with some of our closest friends. They were nice enough to invite us over to their house. We find ourselves at their home nearly every weekend. I sure love that little family! They have 4 kids who are adorable! It was us, them, and the grandparents and one uncle. It was very chillax, which I loved. I provided the sweet potatoes and the drinks. Both were pretty dang good if I do say so myself!
I did cook my own turkey on Friday! I got it all prepared on Thursday morning and we cooked it Friday afternoon. The recipe was SOOO good! You can find it here.
We did some minor (but kinda major, for me) shopping on black Friday. I got myself something that I've been wanting and saving for for a long time! A camera!
This is something I've really wanted. Me and a friend are hopefully going to take a class together. I just want to pick up photography as a hobby. And so far...I LOVE this camera!
Being away from family was not as hard as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong...I love my family and I would have loved to have spent the day with them. But really, we didn't have any commitments, we weren't rushing around trying to see everyone, we got to take a sweet nap; it really was super nice. And I enjoyed it just being the two of us for a little while. Curtis didn't have to work Friday at all, so we spent Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday together. Uninterrupted. It was such a nice holiday weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment