As many of my readers know, I have THE BEST job ever! I work on the President's Leadership Team at Snow College. This weekend, I had the Magical opportunity to be on the Bowl Committee for the Top of the Mountains Bowl Game held at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy. It was such a blast!
The school bought some and we were lucky enough to take one! It was the ugliest car I've ever seen...and we all hated it! It was like a space car. There was NO KEY!! Only a small remote chip thing that had to be in the car. Once the remote was in the car, you pushed the 'START' button and the engine came on. There was NO GEAR SHIFT! Only a little joystick thing that you pointed to neutral, drive, or reverse. Weirdest thing ever! And it beeped at you when you didn't have a seat belt on, and while you were in reverse. There was not much power in the little prius...we had a few brushes with death! But it was fun, nevertheless.
We made our first stop in Provo at Mullet-Hoover, a jewlery/tophy/everything-you-can-think-of-store. We picked up the trophies that would be presented to the teams and the MVPs. What an experience that was! Then we were off again!
Once we hit Draper, we were all hungry for lunch. We stopped at Zupa's,
Once we hit Draper, we were all hungry for lunch. We stopped at Zupa's,
Kaitlyn's favorite! I got a salad, it was alright, needless to say, I wanted a hot meal! But it was fun:)
Then we finally got to Rio Tinto! One of Utah's most magical playgrounds:) We dropped off the trophies and headed out for more errands. We were lucky enough to have the BEST most IMPORTANT job ever: picking up thank-you baskets from an amazing chocolate company called C. Kay Cummings. DIVINE!!!
Then we ran a fun errand just for ourselves:) We went up a few blocks to this little place called Sage Market in downtown SLC. It is at this small, unknown, weird market that you purchase HI-CHEW, and AMAZING Japanese candy! YUMMY!


Then we were off again, back to the stadium to help set everything up for the banquet that would be held in honor of the football teams that evening. Everything there was perfect and ready to go so we left to check into our hotel room. We stayed at the HILTON Garden Inn and Suites.
WOWZA that place is nice! After check-in, we had a few more errands to run. We needed to deliver a few of the thank-you baskets we got earlier that day.
After the delivery of our little gifts, we needed dinner! YAY! Suppertime! Since a few members of the team were working the banquet, the rest of us needed dinner and kindly, Snow College allowed us to eat dinner on their tab. We ate at the great little Italian place on State Street called Johnny Carino's.
It was delish! After dinner we headed back up to the stadium to help clean-up and do any last minute things before the BIG day. There were none so we headed back to the hotel and hopped in the Hot Tub. I LOVE hot tubs:)
The next morning sure started early...7:15! We all got up, dressed in our spiffy uniforms, ate yummy breakfast, and headed to the stadium. When We got to the stadium, we split up for our MANY jobs to be done.
My job was to make sure all the Deseret News All-State high school players had their ticket and were informed about the goings-on of half time. I nearly froze my little bum off in the 30 degree weather! I was standing outside the whole morning at the tailgate party! Fun, yet so so cold! Once the game started, I was fortunate enough to get warmed up in one of the suites of Rio Tinto. Did I mention how nice those are?! They are AMAZING!! But unfortunately, duty called and I was off and busy once again. I was making sure all the stragglers that weren't on time(of the all-staters) got their info about half time. Then, I was running here and there, making sure things were going well.Before I knew it, it was time to prepare for the half-time show! I used my sweet all access pass to get down onto the field. Have you ever tried to line up 70-80 freezing high school all-state players? NOT THAT EASY! By this time, the weather had dropped into the 20s and I was still FREEZING!!! And have you ever been in a terminal that goes onto a field? I think that all the wind in Sandy was blowing on me! After a little confusion and frustration, the half time show went (sorta) close to planned. We named all the players and then hurried them off the field. I never thought a half time show would go as long as this one did!
Luckily, I was able to eat some lunch and get warm again in the suites. But before I knew it, I was on my feet again, running to get stats to help with the MVP voting! After the voting, I was down on the field with the trophies! It was such a blessed moment when I was at the end zone and was right there to witness the Badgers take the game! They finally won the Bowl Game!
Then, it was trophy time! I was lucky enough to stand by the table to help give out the trophies! But let me tell you a little secret: the other team (Michigan Grand Rapids Community College) had the WORST sportsmanship I have ever witnessed! I've never heard so many f-words in such a short period of time! It hurt my little ears!
Then unfortunately we had to clean up and head home. I drove the ugly little prius home and couldn't have been happier to be home...and start warming up! Such a magical weekend I had! Thanks for reading!
Then unfortunately we had to clean up and head home. I drove the ugly little prius home and couldn't have been happier to be home...and start warming up! Such a magical weekend I had! Thanks for reading!








Wow! Sounds like you had a lot of fun...and a lot of luxuries at the expense of Snow College! :) That's the way to do it!
ReplyDeleteLove it! So sad I missed the Bowl Game! But I am glad I got almost a play by play! Love and miss you LOTS AND LOTS WHIT!
ReplyDeleteYes Yes Tyanna...lots of perks for working for the best college:)
ReplyDeleteKi, the game this year was awesome! I had lots of great jobs and lots of luxuries:)we missed you:)