Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Christmas!

Sheesh! Sorry it took me so long to post about my glorious Christmas! I had a nice long break...I got to go home on Dec. 11. It was so nice to be home with my family. and it was SUPER NICE to be away from school! No proffesors, no homework, no roommates, you get the idea!
I had so much fun hanging out with my family. We ate out (probably more than we all should have!), went to see movies, played games, and just chilled. It was great! I also got invited to my best friend's house for his family's party! It was great to see them and hang out with them. Santa and Mrs. Claus came and I got to sit on his lap:)
Then we had the usual family parties. On the 23 Grandma and Grandpa Bennington had there infamous party! It was a sad day though, grandma had to get her gallbladder removed so gradma and grandpa weren't even there! But, we still had the party, and it was still great! We have the REAL Santa come to our party...and yes I still love to sit on his lap:)I got a lovely purple sweater:)
On Christmas Eve we had a party with my mom's side of the family! We went to the Henderson's in Holliday. We always eat potatoe bacon soup and rolls and yummy yummy things! Haha:)we all got so entertained by some kaleidescopes in the front room. Unfortunately I was unable to get pictures of all of us looking into them:)
Then it was finally Christmas Day! We woke up at about 8 AM and went downstairs together! I got some really great stuff! It was a great Christmas! I got some new clothes, an iPod dock, and UP! I LOVE THAT MOVIE!! AND...our family got a wii!!! It was such a great morning. After a slow get-ready, we went to Kurt and Pam's house to see what Santa left them and then headed down to my Aunt Paula's! In the car...I got a phone call...a very special phone call! It was my cute missionary boyfriend:) I told him I was in the car so he told me he'd call back in a few minutes.
When he called back, I couldn't help but cry! I miss him so much and to hear his voice is like music to my ears! My most favorite part of the phone call was simply that it was like he had never left. We picked up right where we left off and it was just another great casual conversation. I got to hear about his mission and some of his investigators. And he said a prayer for me in Khmer (that's the dialect of Cambodian he's speaking) and I LOVED IT!!! I told him about my life back here in Utah...about school, roommates, and general life. It was so magical. We got to talk for about 45 minutes. When it came time to say godbye I was extremely sad, but I knew that we had the BEST talk and it would be okay to let him get back to serving the Lord. This phone call made for a VERY happy Whitney. I got everything I could have asked for on Christmas.
The day after Christmas we went to my cousin John's house for his HUGE party. He serves the BEST food ever! It was delightful! New Years Eve was pretty bleak...I stayed home with my family. It was fun...we played some fun games and of course had yummy food! After the blur of fun holiday days...I had to wake up and come back to school. I was sad...and maybe cried a little. But it is nice to be back in Ephraim!

No comments:

Post a Comment