Monday, March 26, 2012

A little catch up...

It's been a while since we learned to shuffle!  I have plenty of things I could blog about, but I don't have my camera and I don't really have much desire to do a huge post tonight.  So you'll get a random thoughts post.  Again.  Sorry. 

First off: we had spring break!  I pretty much hate that the week before spring break is SO SLOW and then spring FINALLY comes and then flies by!  So not okay with that!  But our spring break was so delightful!  Curtis and I got a very pleasant surprise this year: our spring breaks were the same week!  Last year that was not the case.  So we got to enjoy 5 school free days together! 

On Monday we started a little project.  My dad works at a middle school and some students leave behind the things they make in wood shop.  We were the luck benefactor of 2 night stands.  They nothing special, but nice.  We each refinished ours.  I painted mine and Curtis stained his.  They turned out pretty good!  I did take pictures so those will come soon (or maybe not so soon).

On Wednesday we went to the Salt Lake Temple to do a live session.  I love that.  I love the feeling in the temple.  And nothing beats the celestial room with your lover boy.  :)

We watched a whole lot of NCAA basketball with our families.  We also celebrated Curtis' grandma's birthday!  That was so fun.  We ate yummy food and had really yummy cake for dessert.  Grandma C is so funny; we had Better Than Sex Cake but she refuses to call it that!  She tried to pass it off as Better Than Anything Cake and Blue Ribbon Cake.  Haha:) so funny.  She would not call it by it's name.

All around: we were lazy.  Way lazy.  We slept in when we could (I still had to go to my school for work).  And we ate out WAY to much.  We watched way too many movies and ate way too much junk food.  But it was so great!

I'm pretty sure there are other things, but I'm moving on from spring break.  It was delightful...I'm sure no one cares for the details any ways.

This past weekend we had a pre-birthday celebration for Curtis.  His birthday is next week, Saturday to be exact.  It's conference that day, so that doesn't leave a ton of time for a celebration.  The weather was BEAUTIFUL in Ogden, so we spent as much time outside as we could.  We relaxed at home for a bit, then went to the duck pond that is near Curtis' old apartment.  We used to walk there when we were dating.  It was fun but the ducks were lame and wouldn't eat any bread!  What kind of ducks don't like bread?!  Any way...

After that we had some time to kill before the main event: dinner and a movie.  We killed some time at the mall and Curtis let me buy an Easter dress.  I like him:)  Then we went to dinner at:
 We really love that place!  It's so yummy! 

Then we headed over to the theater to see The Hunger Games.  Now, I read the books a long time ago.  I read the first and then waited for both the others to come out...I even put my name on the waiting list at the library to be sure I would get it when it came in.  Nerd alert.  But seriously....those books are SO SO GOOD!  I could not put them down!  So when I found out they were making a movie ( more than a year ago) I could not wait!  Needless to say, I was STOKED for the movie.  I bought the tickets about 6 weeks ago.  And we didn't just sit in any seat; we sat in D-Box seats.  They were so fun!  They move and vibrate and jump with the movie.  I LOVED the movie and so did Curtis.  He liked it enough to finally read the books!

Then we went home and ate more treats and watched criminal minds.  :)  I'm so excited to give Curtis his other birthday gifts.  I'll let you know how that goes!  Well, I think I'm done...thanks for reading. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment