So there really isn't that much new going on in our life. But there are a few good things worthy of blogging!
First: I got a job! It's not to be Wendy Peffercorn...but I am going to be a waitress at Bella's Mexican Restaurant. The owners are so nice and we have some friends who work there and they make pretty great money. So I'm way nervous...but way excited too. I hope it will be good. I start on Friday.
Second: I am OFFICIALLY done taking classes! I was going to have to take one more; a music class. But the one I was signed up for got cancelled and because I'm graduating in December they just counted a previous class in it's place! So I am done with classes forever!
Third: I am finally student teaching. It feels like it took forever to get to this point, but it's finally here. And I have something that I greatly lacked at the end of my level III practicum: confidence. The teaching job I had the last 6 months did wonders for my skills and my confidence. I CAN be a teacher, regardless of what that mean teacher who was supposed to be my mentor said about me. I am excited to get into the classroom. I will be in second (favorite so far) and fifth grade. Nervous...bu excited.
Fourth: Curtis and I have been married for almost one whole year! Where did the time go? Really? It's nuts how fast the time went by. It's been an amazing year and what's great is that the best is yet to be. I'm thankful I have Curtis for an eternity.
Fifth: I'm having a small procedure done at the doc's office this week. It's an out-patient thing but I am terrified!
Sixth: Curtis' sister is leaving on her mission this week. It's crazy and it will be so weird to have her gone. She will do amazing though. AND my brother will be home in November! I can't believe how fast the time went by. It will be great to see him. Things will be different for him: 2 new brothers-in-law and one new baby! How fun growing families are. :)
Other than that we're just trying to enjoy what little summer we have (school and work keep us both busy). We're still very happy in growing more in love each day (at least I am :)).
No comments:
Post a Comment