Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It's been a while...

It's been far too long since I've been in touch with the blogging world.  I haven't even been that busy; we just don't have internet at home which makes it hard.  But today I'm at my sister's house watching her cute baby and get to use her internet! 

Nothing really new or exciting has happened lately.  We've had a pretty chill summer.  Curtis works so hard for our family, plus he was in school a couple mornings a week.  I work as a waitress-so mostly nights and weekends.  I really like being a waitress; it's fun and the time passes so quickly and I make good money.  But there's so much drama that goes on at the restaurant!  It's so exhausting!  Curtis and I are lucky though to have good jobs.  We're also lucky because we're each taking some time off before school starts.  We're going to head up to Tony Grove for a few days and we are both so so excited!  We don't get to spend a ton of time together so 4 days to be together and go somewhere we love sounds like heaven.  Curtis' parents are letting us take their truck and their canoe so that will be so much fun.  We'll both do a little fishing.  But mostly just be lazy and enjoy ourselves. 

School is going to start soon-way too soon.  I am more nervous for this semester than any other semester.  I'm student teaching in the fall and I am flat out scared to go.  I'm not looking forward to all the work that goes into it and the fear of having another bad cooperating teacher scares me a lot.  I know I can be a teacher, but it's hard to be a teacher when you're doing it in another teacher's classroom under their rule.  But I'm determined to do my best and do well.  Curtis is taking 16 credits this semester but he's so good at what he does I'm sure it will be a breeze for him.  We each will be working on top of school.  So all I can say is: December please come quick!  :)

Curtis and I have enjoyed this summer vacation a lot.  We've spent time reading and staying up late watching movies.  We also enjoyed not working on Sundays (unlike last summer...yuck) so we spent a lot of time with family and taking Sunday naps.  I was lucky enough to save my pennies and buy myself a sewing machine so I've had fun doing a few little projects on that. 

I find myself always feeling really lucky.  Curtis makes my life so much fun and it's so easy being married to him.  We've been married for a little over a year and I am more in love with him each day.  He works so hard and he helps me more than any other person or thing.  I'm so glad he married me because life really is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment