As we drove through Mobile and came across the bay I started crying. I was so scared and so sad to be so far from home. We checked into our hotel as soon as we got here (by here I mean Daphne. That's the name of the town we live in.) Then we went to dinner with Curtis' new bosses. It was nice to meet them. One of Curtis' bosses brought his wife and kids. I think I spent more time listening to the kids than I did any of the adult conversation happening. However I really enjoyed that. Kids make me happy.
The next few days we looked at lots of apartments and on Friday we finally decided on one. The apartment would be ready to move in at any time. But we didn't have any stuff except for our clothes and stuff. Even if we moved in we wouldn't be able to do anything here! So one of Curtis' bosses was nice enough to let us stay in his apartment. He went and stayed with his son for a while. It was so nice of him and we felt overwhelmed by his kindness. He also is allowing us to use his car til we get one. So I've been cruising around Daphne in a Lexus. No big deal. :)
We were able to find our ward here and I was so glad to go on Sunday. I had such a heavy heart with all the changes, but sitting in church, a mormon church, my heart felt happy and at peace. Then we went and enjoyed the superbowl together at the apartment we were staying at. We stayed there until Wednesday when our stuff finally got here. It came early before Curtis needed to get to work. So we worked for about 2 hours and unloaded all our stuff from the container! It felt so nice to have a place to call home.
Living Room
Computer Nook
Bathroom
Bedroom, Walk in closet included :)
Kitchen
Our first few days here we tried lots of fun new things. For instance: I had my first complete seafood meal. I have never liked seafood. But crab claws may or may not be my new favorite things. Yum! Here you will see my meal: Mahi Mahi with fried craw fish, hushpuppies, coleslaw, and turnip greens. Not pictured was grits. Everything was to die for, except the turnip greens. Yuck!
We went to a few Mardi Gras parades. Mardi Gras is a HUGE deal around here. After all: it did start in Mobile. The parades we went to were definitely mild and very family friendly! We got ourselves a ton of beads and moonpies!
But then Curtis had to go back to real life and started working. Here he is all cute and ready for his first day:
But we still did a lot of playing. Here's what we saw at the South's version of Cabela's:
Huge fish that looks like it came from the Sword and the Stone movie:)
And lots of boars
But our favorite part of finally having an apartment was having our own
bed back. Oh how we love that bed! It's so much better than hotel beds
and guest beds.
We also loved having a kitchen! This was our first meal:)
Amidst all the crazy times, Curtis still remembered to treat me right on Valentine's Day. He left me a much needed treat before he left for work. I found it at just the right time in my day. And when he came home, he brought this with him:
I feel so lucky and happy to be here with Curtis. I couldn't do it with anyone else. I love you Curtis!

















The whole time I was reading I kept thinking about Forrest Gump wanting to go home to "MOBILE ALABAMA!" Bahaha. So jeal you get to live in the south! Can't wait for your next post!!
ReplyDeleteHaha:) we joke about "...fried shrimp, butterfly shrimp, shrimp gumbo..." all the time from Forrest Gump! Good to hear from you Ki.
ReplyDelete