He's so cute and so fun. He still melts my heart and I get all teary when I talk to him on the phone.
Our families came to help us get packed up. We loaded all of our stuff into a little cubicle that a company was going to drive to Alabama for us. We are grateful for all of their help and support.
(Video to come of all our stuff packed up. Blogger isn't working so good right now.)
We got to a fairly early start on day two. We drove so long on day two. We drove through the corner of Colorado and hit pretty bad snow storms. And then we drove all the way across New Mexico and the northernmost part of Texas as well. New Mexico is full of sage brush. And that's about it. Texas is wide open fields. Not much to see. We stayed in Shamrock, Texas on night two.
Entering New Mexico
The route we took took us right on historic route 66. All the signs we saw pointed us to this funny little shop: Clines Corner. It was a fun little souvenir shop. It was here that we bought this game:
We definitely had fun trying out this game. You spin the thing and choose a color of bean. You get either a yummy flavor, or a terrible one. It was fine with baby wipes, booger, centipede, etc. But once I got canned dog food I was done. It. Was. Terrible. But it was a fun way to occupy our time!
Day three was the most exciting of the drive. We drove through many states: Oklahoma and Arkansas and ended up in Tennessee. All through Oklahoma I was thinking about "OOOOkalahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!" And that's all Oklahoma was too: plains. On our drive through Arkansas we hit a massive storm. We drove through the worst rain I had ever seen before. We had to go slow because visibility was bad and we were in danger of serious hydroplaning. We later found out we drove through the heart of a tornado storm warning. We ended day three in Graceland, Tennessee: home of the King of Rock n' Roll: Elvis himself.
Bad drive by of the Arkansas sign
An even worse drive by of Tennessee. We missed Oklahoma.
The Kings: in our hotel room
The King's mansion. A whopping 32 bucks to go inside!
Well that's all for today. I need to get back to the Grammy Awards! Stay tuned for more updates!








Yay an update! We have been thinking about you guys and wondering how things are going. Miss you.
ReplyDeleteSo glad things are settling in a little... enough to watch the Grammy's and blog for all of us back in Utah :) Love you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures, Whit! I'm so glad you got there safe and sound! Love you!
ReplyDeleteP.S. You should probably not drive through any more tornadoes. Just a thought. ;)
Haha:) thanks for the advice Ty! We'll try not to do that anymore...:) Shelley we've been thinking about you too! And those cute girls of yours! We miss you.
ReplyDelete