Today I am really, really grateful for such a sweet friend I have. She and I were roommates at Snow, and are still best of friends to this day. We text quite a lot; we don't get to see each other much. I live in Bama and She lives in DC.
Sunday night into Monday morning of this week was so dang rough on me. Sometimes I feel diminished and over shadowed by other people. It's a selfish thing, and it's something I'm really working on. But I just was down. Some things were bothering me, and I'm feeling less and less hopeful each passing day that I'll ever get to teach here. In some aspects, I feel like life is just not really panning out how I'd hoped it would. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy! And I love my life here. But you know how it goes sometimes.
Well any ways, I text this one friend late Monday (late for me here, even later for her there!) and she truly was a tender mercy for me. We didn't text that long...and not really that much was said. But she let me unload on her; get some of my frustrations and sadness out. Then she gave me some wonderful advice.
It's so refreshing having such friends. After talking with her, I just plain feel better. I am SO GRATEFUL that Heavenly Father gives us good friends. And I'm just plain thankful to have such a wonderful person to call my friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment