Thursday I spent the day with Sawyer. I had him so he didn't have to spend the day at day care. It was a great day! My mom and dad came over to Logan so we could take a little hike up Logan Canyon. We put Sawyer in his little pack and my dad carried him up the hike, and I carried him down. We did a short hike, it's called Spring Hollow. There's a little spring the feeds a little creek and since the water comes from the ground, you can drink from it! Sawyer was so good; he kept humming while sitting in his pack. Haha:) it was so cute and funny.
After our hike we stopped at Rumbi for lunch. I really like it there. It's pretty cheap cause Curtis and I can just split a meal and it's always so yummy! After lunch we headed downtown to the tabernacle where Summerfest was happening. I LOVE summerfest. It's a fairly big arts and crafts fair on the lawn of the tabernacle. I always love a good craft fair! Since we had just hiked and we had Sawyer who needed a nap, we didn't stay too long, just long enough to get some cotton candy! Ha. I love me some cotton candy!
A couple of weeks before we left for Utah we were talking with a missionary who serves in our ward. We were telling the missionaries and our friends who were also there that we were going to stop at Summerfest. This one elder says, "Is that in Logan at the tabernacle? My dad and brother are going to be there!" So we told him we'd swing by their booth to say hi. While we were there on Thursday, I ran into them and it was so fun to meet them! They were such nice people and it was fun to meet the parents of the elder serving in our ward. We chatted for a bit and I told them I'd be sure to bring my husband by the next day when we'd stop by again to look around. (Curtis was across the street getting a new suit!)
We took Sawyer back to his house and we all took a little nap! But then we all went back to my parents house to have a little cookout. Basically only our parents showed up, and Cole, but it was still a great time! We just roasted hot dogs on the fire and had some creshmallows (cresent roll dough wrapped around a mallow and cooked over the fire. DO IT. It's delish!). It was a really great night.
No comments:
Post a Comment