Thursday, October 2, 2014

Huge Update

Way back when I was actually writing on this blog, I left off on our Utah vacation.  To end the saga, it was an AMAZING trip and we loved spending that time with family.

Since then, A LOT has changed.  I mean, a lot.  When we got home from Utah I desperately kept in my search for a job.  Nothing was happening for me until Heaven sent me a tender mercy.  Someone Curtis works with has a husband who works in the schools.  He sent me a list of all the principals who were hiring.  So I got to work sending resumes via email.  I luckily got a hit off one of those emails and went in for a quick interview.  Once I did that, things moved REALLY fast.  REALLY REALLY fast.  I got offered a job, had TONS of hoops to jump through before it could be official, had interviews at central office, had drug tests, tons of paper work, yada yada...

I was officially hired by Mobile County Public School System on August 4.  I reported for my job on August 5 and school started August 7.  In retrospect, I was pretty freaking crazy to accept the job.  But I was so grateful for a job.  My first week was basically Hell.  I was 100% thrown to the wolves.  Luckily, there were more, tons more, tender mercies sent from Heaven.  Teachers rallied around to give me what they could to help me get my class started.  My class is often in disarray, and it's definitely not what I want it to be.  But it's slowly coming together.

My job is HARD.  Like, really, really hard.  Minimal support, no money (I didn't even get paid for the first time til yesterday), no books, my own supplies, 16 kids from a VERY different culture who are amazingly naughty, and one very tired teacher surrounded by stacks of paper....stacks and stacks of paper.  Lots of pressure, and lots to learn.  Is it my dream job?  Nope.  Not even close.  Do I like my job?  Some days I come really close to loving it.  But no, not yet.  Am I very thankful for a job that provides for our family?  100 %.  Am I so completely grateful for amazing insurance?  OH YES!  Am I learning to be a good teacher?  Absolutely.  Nothing compares to all I'm learning right now.

I've definitely and definitively seen the hand of the Lord in our lives as of late.  We've been sent Heavenly help and many Heavenly tender mercies.  There have been some amazing miracles in our life.  There's definitely Someone looking out for us, and He has a plan laid out for us.  I've never been more sure of that than I am today.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything is going good for you, Whit! I think about you everyday and pray for you often. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for both of us being teachers! Isn't it crazy being a gown up! Mercy it is hard, but so rewarding! I miss living in the south every day. And I miss my friend Whit. Looks like life is great! Roll Tide!

    ReplyDelete