Thursday, February 19, 2015

Change

In true Whitney fashion, I'm blogging while I definitely should be doing other things.  That seems to be when I always blog.  Ha.

This post is truthfully kind of hard for me to write.  We have some big news.  Great, wonderful, exciting news.  But I find myself feeling so bittersweet with the news as well.  My heart is filled with so much joy, but it also breaks a little.  You see, Curtis and I are leaving our sweet home in Alabama.  When we first found out I was pregnant, I wished so bad for my baby that she could know her grandparents and that we would be close to family.  Alabama and Utah are FAR from close.  But at the time, we had no idea how we might make that happen.  Jobs in Curtis' field are just non-existent in Utah.  And if one becomes available, someone with a master's degree is selected for the position.  SO, in December of 2014, Curtis decided to apply for the master's degree program at Utah State University.  He also would apply for a graduate assistant-ship program there.  So within maybe 2 weeks he had applied and taken the necessary tests he needed.  There were SO many kinks along the way: letters of recommendations didn't make it, transcripts failed to be sent, so-and-so said they submitted their reference but USU never received it.  But, after all was said and done, Curtis interviewed with the athletics department and they OFFERED HIM A POSITION!  I was so proud when he told me.  :)  We prayed about it and even though it will be so hard to leave this place that we've come to really, really love and a job that Curtis absolutely loves, we decided it would be best for our little family to take the opportunity knocking on our door.  So Curtis accepted the offer and we're planning on making the big move around July, just after Baby Girl Cazier arrives.  I won't even start on how I feel about leaving here.  Another post, another time.  Ha.

Now we wait.  We're doing our best to scope out apartments.  I'm doing my best to hopefully get a teaching job in the valley.  And we're putting a lot of faith on the line (mostly me).  Because honestly I'm so scared.  There's so much change coming, which is scary.  Plus we'll have a tiny human who will be relying on us for everything.  We'll lose some luxuries that we've had here, like 2 incomes and awesome health insurance.  But there's also a massive amount of blessings to be gained.

Even though change is hard and scary and there are a lot of unkowns and uncertanties that really worry me, I feel thankful for this opportunity.  There is NO better way for my husband to get his master's degree.  He will gain SO MUCH experience, network with all the right people, and his schooling will be paid for.  And we'll be near family again, which is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment