I realized I've never even told about how Curtis and I came to find out we were expecting a baby. Without going into too much detail, Curtis and I started seeing a doctor mid summer to try and help us have a baby. I was born with a rare condition called uterine didelphys. Here's a picture and I'll say no more.

Curtis and I tried for almost a year to get pregnant before my doctor informed us that on top of my rare condition, I was not ovulating. After much testing, we started a treatment she (my doc) was sure would help us. Part of the treatment was to go in for blood tests and ultrasounds to monitor what my body was doing and if it was responding to the treatment. After the first full month of treatment and monitoring the doc called me to tell me that pregnancy was not going to happen this time. They didn't think my body had done quite what it was supposed to and that I didn't ovulate. So they told me to gear up for another month of treatment. I was bummed (naturally) because not only was it expensive and time consuming, it was stressful because I had to take work off some days, and my principal was a real jerk about it, and I had to make sure I took pills and shots at just the right time. Well the time came in my cycle of treatment that if my period didn't come I needed to take a home pregnancy test. I told myself it was worthless to take the test cause the doc said not this month, but Curtis said it couldn't hurt to do it. Then we'd know for sure I wasn't pregnant and we could do what we needed to start a new cycle of treatment. I was home alone; Curtis was at a football game. But I took a test and got a very faint positive. I thought it had to be a mistake. I took a picture and sent it to Curtis and he said he thought it was positive, but wait until morning to take another one. So I did and the next morning it was not a faint positive, it was a DEFINITE positive.
I was still so skeptical. The next available day I called the doctors office and talked to the nurse and told her the situation and she said that the home pregnancy test was most likely not wrong and that she thought I was pregnant. I told her that I just had a call a few days ago that said I wouldn't be pregnant this month and her reply was that sometimes science gets it wrong. SO, we scheduled our first prenatal appointment and I was most definitely pregnant! We got to hear our babe's heartbeat for the first time a couple weeks later. It was such a sweet moment.
So now here we are, I'm 19 weeks along, and we just found out that the sweet baby Heaven decided to send us is a girl! We both couldn't be more excited. At our most recent ultrasound we learned that baby girl is growing perfectly. Initially there was some uncertainty as to how high risk this pregnancy would be, but as things have gone along, it's gone perfectly. Baby's heart is forming just as it should and has a steady, strong beat. And all her organs and the placenta are just as they should be as well. She's currently measuring ahead of schedule and we hope that she keeps growing nice a plump. ;)
Baby likes to keep her hand right by her face.
Our doctor's office does this nice thing for pregnant patients and gives them a free ultrasound so we'll get to see baby girl one more time before her arrival in June. We're so excited for the months ahead, and years to come as we welcome a new member to our family.
Wow! Congrats Whitney:) Girls are so much fun!!! And what a little miracle she is... Such a neat story!
ReplyDelete