Thursday, February 16, 2012

What's the matter with kids these days?!

So I mentioned I got a job.  A really great job that will help me be a better teacher.  A job that has great hours and great pay.  I honestly really like it.  But what's the deal with kids these days?!  They are so disrespectful sometimes!  Kids come into my classroom and want to goof off and mouth off to me.  I had one student walk out of the classroom.  Not once, but twice.  And I've had so many students say that they miss Miss D.  That's who their teacher was before me.  I know I'm new...but that kinda hurt my feelings.  They don't want me to teach them...they want to walk all over me.  I feel good about how I've handled it though.  And I think it's getting better.

On a lighter note: I have 2 groups that I absolutely adore.  They are so fun and they like me.  And the best part is...I enjoy teaching them and they are learning!  It gives me confidence that I really need at this point.  I'm so glad that this is giving me such great experience before I start student teaching.  Because Heaven knows...my last practicum was like crap.  So this is good for me.  I just need tips on some sort of classroom management system...any ideas? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you will figure something great out!That is exactly why I could never be a teacher! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete