I have lots of thoughts today. So bear with me while I get them out. I hope it makes sense:)
I am so thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am glad to know what I know and that we will again be with loved ones who pass. I am thankful for what the temple teaches me. I am thankful for wonderful families. You see, on Friday we lost a grandpa. Curtis' grandpa went home after a long fight on earth. It was sudden and sad, but we are so happy for him. He is free from the pains of earthly life.
I am thankful that I had a wonderful piano teacher! I hated practicing and sometimes I thought she was mean...but boy did she teach me well. I am playing the piano at a funeral soon. I'm accompanying 2 musical numbers. Scary right? One of the pieces is really hard. It's in a key that kills me! Four sharps...ouch. I can do flats, but something about those sharps! And it just has hard chord progressions and weird accidentals. Yadda, yadda, yadda. You get the idea. I got the music and tried for an hour or so and it was killing me. I was playing it so slow and paying so close attention to the notes...ugh. Rough. But my piano teacher taught me well. I did not give up and tested the skills my teacher taught me. I'm feeling pretty good about it now...but we'll see once the nerves set in. Cross your fingers for the other musical number. No music yet.
I got a job! A great job. It will be perfect for me at this time in my life. I will be a tier II interventionist...in layman's terms: I will be helping fourth, fifth, and sixth graders stay on benchmark in math. Math's not my best subject, but hey, they're giving me a teacher's edition book. What else could I need? Plus, it's only 3 hours a day, Monday through Thursday. Sweet right. And it pays great! Excited, but nervous. And thankful.
I'm watching season 2 of Grey's Anatomy. I love it! But I hate Derrick right now. He's lame. Meredith said "Pick me, choose me, love me!" What else does he need?!
I have a dilemma. I want to get back into shape. I'm not in the best shape right now. I love soda pop and treats! And I love to sleep in and be lazy! I seriously lack the motivation. But I really do want to get into shape! Not lose weight or gain muscle or anything serious. Just do some physical activity and feel better, have more energy.
I had more thoughts...but I can't remember them right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment