Monday, January 30, 2012

Alright...so I've been tagged by 3 people now to do this.  I don't usually do these things because they are hard for me!  Kinda silly, I should know myself well, but it's hard!  But here goes:

The rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself in the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
4. Tag 11 people and link them to your post.

Things about me:
  • I love to drink coke.  Vanilla coke in particular.  I have this thing where Sunday rolls around and I want nothing more than a cold coke and a treat.  Which leads me to...
  • I love treats.  Sweet, salty, tangy, chocolatey, sour, homemade, store bought, you name it...I love treats!
  • I love Grey's Anatomy.  I started loving this wonderful show during my first year at Snow College.  I had 2 older roommates who loved it and well, the rest is history.  I started watching it and can't get enough.  I can watch many episodes in one day and re-watch episodes.  It never gets old.  I love Meredith and McDreamy.  Cute.  
  • I also love to watch The Big Bang Theory.  I never even heard of this still I started dating Curtis.  He loved it and we used to watch it on nights when there wasn't much to do at his apartment.  I didn't get too into then, but now we own 4 seasons of it and we watch it WAY to much.  They guys are such dorks, but oh so funny!  Sheldon is a crack up!  Annoying, but so dang funny!
  • I am not a very good cook.  I know how to cook a few things really well, but when I try new things and they don't turn out I don't want to try anymore.  I need easy and inexpensive recipes.  I'm learning lots, but it's still hard for me.  There are a few reasons I want to be a good cook: number one-Curtis loves when I cook for him.  He eats things even when they don't turn out that great.  Boy do I love him.  Number two-I really enjoy good food.  I love to eat!  It'd be great if I could create yummy food, then eat it!  Number three-I've always wanted to be that wife who has dinner ready when the hubby gets home from a long day at work.  Curtis works hard, and our schedules don't really match up great right now, but one day they will and when that day comes I'll learn to be a good cook.
  • We live with my Grandpa Gygi right now.  In his basement.  We love it here.  It is so tiny, but so cozy and quaint.  It's our home.  We share the kitchen with my grandpa, which is hard.  But it's free.  I'm not sure we'd be able to continue school if this wasn't the case.  We appreciate it so much.  And one day, we will really appreciate any home we have.  Tiny or spacious...we know how to love what we have.  
  • I do not love Utah State.  I go there and think it's a great school.  But I have not loved my teachers, nor many of the things they have taught me.  I learned a lot of things about the inner workings of the school while working in the admissions office.  I lost a lot of respect for them as an educational institution.  
  • I am scared to be a teacher.  While doing my level III practicum I had a very cruel lady to be the teacher I worked with in the classroom I was assigned.  She was harsh not only to me, but to her students.  She made me cry, and 6 year olds cry.  NOT OKAY!  She tore me down, she did not mentor me.  It was awful.  I will never, EVER be the kind of teacher that she is.  And if that's what is required, then I can't be a teacher.  But one day, I will have MY classroom and I will try things MY way.  I will get to be ME.  And then I will finally learn to be a good teacher.  Thanks to my Cute Curtis, I didn't quit school.  I'm glad he's my husband.  
  • There was this one day when Curtis and I were on a date.  We were at my house and we didn't have much to do.  Now Curtis love to play battleship.  We played it on our very first date!  And he's good at it.  Up until this point, we were pretty evenly matched.  But this was different.  We placed our ships and Curtis went first.  First guess, hit.  Second guess, hit.  Third guess, hit.  All the way til all but one of my ships was sunk!  I still claim he cheated.  He beat me with only 2 misses!!  How does that even happen?  We haven't played battleship ever since. 
  • I have uterine didelphys.  
  • I love to play the wii.  especially with Curtis.  We play Mario like it's nobody's business.  And I always beat him at MarioKart.  :) 
Questions for me:
  1. If you had one super power, what would it be and why?  I'd choose the power to apporate.  I have to drive and I have a knack for being late.  
  2. Where's your favorite place to escape to?  My favorite place to be is anywhere with Curtis.  I know this is cheesy, but we don't have that much time to spend together.  So when we have the chance to spend a night, or if we're REALLY lucky a weekend, together, I count my lucky stars.  We love to go to Park City and we love St. George.  We love spending the night in a hotel.  It just seems fun!  :)
  3. If you were a crayon, what color would you be and why?  I'd be purple.  That's what Curtis says.  He says I'm always purple because that's my favorite color.  If I can get something in purple, I'm gonna get it!  (Or blue, because I'm always so cold.)
  4. What's one thing you wish you would have done in life?  Well, this is a tough one.  I think I'd change the me I was in high school.  I was scared to be me, unless it was with my closest friends.  I would have not had boyfriends and spent more time with the people who are important to me. 
  5. What's your favorite feature about yourself?  I'd have to say my eyes or my legs.  My eyes because they truly show how I'm feeling and my legs because they are long and skinny.  I chose both because Curtis thinks my eyes are beautiful and my legs are sexy:)
  6. What's your favorite smell, no matter how weird it may be?  I love the smell of pastries and cookies.  Fresh doughnuts and cookies fresh from the oven...yum.  
  7. What's your life's quote?  I try to live by this: "Come what may and love it."  I struggle a lot with it...but it's what I'm working to live by.  
  8. What's your dream job/career?  To be a full time mom.  I want to stay home with my kids.  Anyone who says that's not a real job hasn't been listening to the revering words spoken by our beloved prophets and apostles. 
  9. What would you do with a million dollars?  Curtis and I would spend a weekend away...somewhere quiet and beautiful.  Then we'd pay of our student loans, my car, and buy a house.  We'd probably vacation to Hawaii and Mozambique and then finish off with a cruise.  We like food and traveling. 
  10. If you were invisible, where would you go?  I would sneak into the Old Spaghetti Factory and eat all the ravioli and can handle!
  11. Favorite movie?  Anything Disney or Romantic.  I'd have to say though..Despicable Me is delightful.  
I don't have enough friends to tag to do this cause they've all already done this...so I guess it just ends with me!  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment