Curtis is the sweetest man ever. I'm not really a "Mommy" yet. But Curtis spoiled me on Mother's Day (he has every year that we've been married or engaged). He let me sleep in, which is just about the nicest thing for me right now. After we got home from church he fixed me a delicious dinner. He gave me the sweetest hand-made card and filled it the sweetest words. Curtis is the best part of my day, every day. On Monday he took me to Lowes to let me pick out my gift: some flowers to be potted for our patio. Ever since our wedding, I've LOVED hydrangeas. So I picked out the prettiest one and we came home and potted it together. The gesture was so simple, but really meant a lot to me. He spoils me with his generosity and love.
Curtis and I are really taking advantage of the life we're making for ourselves here in Alabama. Yes, it's incredibly hard to be away from family, but we love the opportunity we have to build up our own family. At times our life seems crazy, but really we don't have anything to be worried or down about. Our life is filled with wonderful wonderful things. Mine and Curtis' relationship is strong and we can do any hard thing that ever comes our way. And we have so much fun together. My heart still melts for him.
Our little Mazie puppy is such a fun part of our life now. She's so much fun! And to be honest, I love her and I love having her as company when Curtis isn't at home. She's so smart and such a little tease!
Curtis and I love the new environment we live in. We love warm summer evenings (minus the ridiculous bugs) and we love going for walks by the bay. And of course, we love the beach. We have every Saturday off and can do anything we please. We have so many comforts in life and don't have a real need for anything. We both have good jobs right now. And we have a wonderful ward and are so thankful that the church is the same every where we could possibly choose to go. And I'm so thankful to be here with my best friend and eternal companion.
No comments:
Post a Comment