Sunday, July 7, 2013
Missionaries
In the last month or so, we've had the missionaries in our home quite a bit. And I really have loved it. They came for dinner first, and that was fun and awkward at the same time :) but we feed them quite regularly now. I enjoy serving them and it's fun to have people here in our home. Not only have we fed them, we've had them here to teach investigators about the church. I really have loved the experiences we've had. I love the spirit that comes with them. And of course I know that what they are teaching is true. I've tried putting myself in the investigators shoes; tried to think about what I would do and how I would feel if they were teaching me these things for the first time. And as overwhelming as some things might seem, or how crazy...to me it's only logical. It's only logical that Christ had a church here on the earth during His ministry and that church eventually fell away. It's only logical that people still wanted church, even though Christ was not on the earth any more. It makes sense how other churches came to be; they picked up small pieces of Christ's church and formed new and incomplete churches. And it really makes sense to me that a young boy, Joseph Smith, would question these new churches. Why would God make all these new churches and why would all these churches disagree about the same book, the bible? The bible does say, after all, to pray to God if you have questions. So it makes perfect sense that when Joseph did pray, he got an answer to that prayer. It makes sense to me why this is the true church! And I do know it. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the one and only true church. And I'm very grateful for the opportunity to re-learn that for myself as I watch the missionaries teach it. It's been a blessing for us and our home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment