Things are pretty normal around here these days. Things rarely change up. Our schedule stays pretty consistent. Curtis like his job a lot; the football team is not so good, but he likes what he does. I stay busy with that cute little guy I nanny. He's 11 months old and he's pretty dang fun. He walks and talks a lot. And he's really smart. I've signed myself up for substitute teaching; I'm hoping to get into that on Fridays and on my days off from my nanny job.
Church keeps us quite busy. Curtis just got called to be the ward clerk; a busy and full time job. We drive separate to church now. I still play the organ, teach relief society, and I just got called to a new position (not officially yet, so it's hush hush for a bit). One that I'm not super looking forward to, but might turn out fun! We have the missionaries over for dinner as often as we can. And I've gone out with the sister missionaries a few times. I'm glad to be able to go with them.
Our last ward temple day was a few weeks ago, and we were planning on making the trek up to Birmingham. But we were both feeling really under the weather. So we stayed home. Which was a bummer. But we're hoping to go up sometime soon. It's a sacrifice to go; it's a long day. But the temple will always be worth the trip up.
Obamacare has screwed us over a bit. Our current insurance plan doesn't meet the limitations set by the ACA. So it'll end on December 31. We would still have coverage with a new plan, and at first we thought it might be okay. Our premium was initially going to go down. But our coverage was going to go WAY down. The cheap plan was SO NOT WORTH IT. In order for us to get good coverage, our premium had to increase. Sucky.
The IRS is still on our case. A few posts ago I mentioned how we were getting charged back taxes. Well we fought it, and came out on top. It turns out the IRS was in the wrong. PHEW! However now they found another thing that they say we owe on. An education credit that we claimed...they say the tax on that increased. We're meeting with a CPA tax guy for some help. Hopefully he can help us. We're PRAYING he can.
In a couple of weeks, my sister and her cute family are coming here for a couple of days. I am so so excited! It's been far too long since I've seen my family. And my nephew. We're going to have some fun and I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment