Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I need a hobby

I need to find something I can do while I'm having me time.  Something I really enjoy doing.  You see, Curtis plays basketball on Tuesdays, sometimes Thursdays, and Saturday mornings.  I am so glad he gets to go; he really enjoys it!  But I'm a nanny...so I spend all day Monday-Thursday in the house (usually) with a  month old little guy.  I love him, and I am SO THANKFUL for such a good job and a great boss!  But I get lonely there.  So when I'm done at work and come home and Curtis leaves for basketball, I go a little crazy.  I need to find something that I love, that doesn't involve spending a lot of money. 

I have been reading a BUNCH on photography.  I want to pick it up as a hobby.  Nothing more.  But I'm still saving for a camera. 

We don't have a piano or keyboard.  Nor do we have space for one even if we could get one.  Which we can't.  I have a key to the church, but I can't go by myself.  So that's out.

I love to quilt...but it's pretty pricey!  And can get stressful.  And I just finished a quilt...so I could use a change of pace. 

I have a doily I'm crocheting.  But that can get monotonous.  Yeah, I'm an old lady.  :)

I don't really scrapbook, I don't have much to blog about, so I'm at a loss. 

But I'll find something.  I MUST!

3 comments:

  1. what if you looked up charity opportunities for the holiday season and helped with one of those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a photo book for our family for the year. I work on it all year on shutterfly or snapfish or one of those. Then I wait to buy it until I get a really good deal or can find a promo code to use. You can spend lots of time customizing a digital scrapbook!

    On a different note, have you ever tried family search indexing? It is a good way to pass the time and a great way to serve at the same time! You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Start a food blog! That'll definitely keep ya busy. ;)

    ReplyDelete