Thursday, February 13, 2014

One Year

I've been meaning to write this post about how Curtis and I have lived in Alabama for ONE WHOLE YEAR!

Last year at the end of January I was excited, scared, sad, and nervous about moving here.  But as I look back on the last year I will only look back with fondness.

Sure, there were really hard times.  There were really scary times.  There were times when I wanted to be home.  Or times I was missing teaching so much I was almost resentful to have left a dream job back in Utah.

But honestly, I LOVE it here.  I love where we live.  I love the friendships we have made.  I love our ward.  I love southern hospitality.  I love the weather.  I love the beach.   I love how much Curtis and I have learned and how much we've grown.  I love the independence we have established, yet found a great circle of people to support and love us.  I really don't dislike anything about it here. 

Moving here was definitely one of the best things we've ever done.  And I know Heavenly Father had a hand in it.  We are here for a reason.  And I'm excited for whatever else is in store for us while our life is here, in Alabama.  Cause it really is Sweet Home Alabama.

Mississippi Hand Painted Sign from Simply Southern Signs and Bourbon & Boots Credit: http://www.bourbonandboots.com/store/products/the-south-hand-painted-distressed-wood-signs/

I WILL have this sign one day.  Bama is in my blood and it will stay there forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment