I'm so glad we did.
Sure there were lots of F-words. And it was a war movie...so it was bloody. But really...WOW. It really was an eye opening movie. This movie taught me that there are men and women all over the US who leave their wives, girlfriends, kids, brothers, moms, etc to serve. And also that those wives, girlfriends, kids, brothers, and moms have to send their loved ones to war. These men and women go through rigorous training. They are posted in the middle of no where. They go on missions that they know will be dangerous; that they might not make it back. They might encounter evil men who will stop at nothing to destroy them because they are Americans.
BUT THEY GO. They go and work hard and trust each other. They get beat up and still fight.
But they also are sometimes lucky enough to encounter good Samaritans who help them, protect them, and feed them, despite the ramifications.
And these men and women are PROUD to serve their country. And sometimes they die fighting for a good cause.
I left the theater feeling so proud to be an American. Even though I don't love our leaders and I don't love all the smuck that's creeping in to our society. I am proud to be an American. And I am proud of those men and women who serve. Mostly, I'm grateful for them. Because I'm not sure I could send my Curtis to war and be okay.
And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.
No comments:
Post a Comment