Thursday, May 1, 2014

Spring Storm

We had a pretty intense storm this week.  Luckily, we made it through unscathed.  The rain started late Monday and went through the night.  A tornado made its way across Arkansas and the Mississippi as well as the northern part of Alabama.  There were minimal deaths, but lots of damage.  Then on Tuesday a tornado rolled through Pensacola, which is only an hour from where we live.  I've never seen rain or thunder/lightening like it was on Tuesday night.  It just dumps and pours and dumps some more!  It rained pretty much all through the night Tuesday.  We were out of power til about 3 AM, and were on tornado watch.  We weren't really affected at all, but a few families in our ward (and lots not members) got flooded.  One sister had a foot of water in her house!  So bad!  Luckily, there's lots of good people with helping hands to help out.

On one hand, I loved the storm.  I love the rain here.  And it was fun to light our lanterns and play card games.  On the other, Mother Nature sure can be scary.  The force of the rain and wind can be terrifying.  BUT I do know that Heavenly Father is mindful of us at all times.  And that's comforting.  It's comforting during all storms of life, literally and figuratively.  How thankful I am for that knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment