At times it was really difficult and sad to be away from things and people we love.
At other times it was so nice not worrying about whose house we were going to, or whose family we would be spending the day with, or making sure we saw everyone and did everything. We could JUST BE. No plans. No worries. Just us. That was my favorite part of Christmas: getting to be just us.
Santa made it to our house!
I forced Curtis to let me get Mazie a sweater. She loved opening it....
....felt ashamed wearing it. Hated it.
The stockings were laid on the couch with care...
Spoiled. Spoiled. Spoiled.
Sticky buns are hit or miss for me...I NAILED them on Christmas. :)
Our Christmas was so wonderful. We were spoiled by each other and by our loved ones far away. It was so fun to lay out our gifts and stuff our stockings. We slept in on Christmas morning, opened gifts, I made sticky buns (family tradition insists!), and we skyped with our parents. It was a lazy, relaxing day. We can't wait for next year! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment