It FROZE here. In Alabama, on the Gulf Coast! I'm no stranger to cold weather, but I will admit I've gone soft. I like it warm. That's just the cold hard truth! So when it got down in the teens here I was not happy.
And neither were my plants. Curtis got me a hydrangea for mother's day last year and I've been babying it in hopes of lots of blossoms this year.
SO. NOT. HAPPY!
My aloe plant (left) is basically dead. I'm hoping the warmth that spring brings will breathe life back into it. We'll see.
And my precious hydrangea (right). I nearly cried when I saw it. Lots of new leaves and buds had started sprouting all over. The leaves are dead. The buds, I have yet to see how they are. But today, today I saw this:
Aren't they beautiful! Brand new, growing baby buds! :) This means the plant is still alive! Yay! Grow baby, grow!

No comments:
Post a Comment