Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Temples

A few weekends ago we went to the temple.  The Birmingham Temple.  Beautiful.


It's 4 hours away.  Yep.  4.  We left our house at 6:30 AM, made the 11:00 session, grabbed lunch at a delightful BBQ place in town, and drove home.  4 hours, home.  Longest.  Temple.  Trip.  Ever. 

Was it worth it?  ABSOLUTELY!  It's always worth it to be in the house of the Lord.  Plus, we were the witness couple, which is kinda fun.  AND they showed the new video.  Which I really liked!  AND it was an own endowment session for 3 young people.  And the sweet sister that sat next to me was only there for her second time.  It was awesome seeing her glow.  It made me remember my first time through the temple.  I will always be grateful for the blessings of the temple.  And I will always be grateful that the temple is what makes families forever. 

So all you who have a 5 minute drive, or a half an hour drive, or a one hour drive, take advantage of that.  You're spoiled and probably don't realize it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment