Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The South

Yep...another post about the South.  I can't help it.  I love it here!

Our ward family.
  • I am grateful for them
  • They substituted my real family this Labor Day holiday
  • They are so funny!
  • They have cute families
  • They make me want a baby...
  • They are wonderful friends 
  • They have strong testimonies
The weather.
  • The rain has finally stopped for the most part and it is B-E-A-U-TIFUL!
  • I like the humidity...yeah, it's true [Yes, I do sweat more.  Yes, it makes my hair look crazy.  But, my skin: soft and moisturized.  My hair: healthier than it has ever been.]
  • It's very green here
  • The trees hang over the road, complete with Spanish Moss
  • Dawn and dusk are the best times of the day, it stays nice and warm but isn't way hot anymore
  • It's just plain great
The beach.
  • White sand
  • Blue/Green water
  • Seashells
  • Freaky little fish that nibble on your toes when you go out far enough [YES; FREAKY!]
  • Birds in the sky
  • Sun kissed skin
  • And a brand new floppy hat that makes me look like a legit beach bum
  • I love everything about it [Minus that one time when jelly fish laid their eggs all over the shore and they stung us]

The style of homes.
  • We're looking into buying as soon as I find a teaching job
  • They are so cute
  • They have adorable porches or screen decks.  With rocking or adirondack chairs.
  • They have fireplaces [which I don't really get because it's warm here the majority of the time]
  • They have brick floors.  Yes, brick.  And I'm obsessed. 
  • And hardwood floors
  • They have vaulted ceilings
  • Or trey ceilings
  • I REALLY want a house
See that floor...LOVE!

The food.
  • DELISH.  Enough said.  
  • Saw's BBQ in Birmingham, Alabama is my most favorite place for pulled pork. 
  • Seafood
  • Fresh produce
  • Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment