Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 3

We found ourselves pulling into Curtis' house in Logan around 2 PM on Thursday.  We showered, ate some food, and let Mazie play in the yard.  We got ourselves all cleaned up and that night had the pleasure of heading straight to the temple.  Some dear family members were sealed in the temple for time and all eternity.  I had not been to a sealing like this before; only to the sealing of an initial marriage.  I was so tired and so emotional, I cried when 2 sweet little girls were brought to the sealing room.  It was a sweet experience and it felt so good to only drive 10 minutes to the temple!  And it was the perfect activity for our first night home.

After that sealing at the temple, we headed for a dinner party at the cute little family's house.  I was cold and dry, but the weather was beautiful, the food was great, and the company was even better.  We left that dinner party a smidge early so we could sneak away to my sister's house.  I could not even wait to see my family!  Especially my cute nephews, who now officially hold my heart.  It was a joy to be there with all of them.  I felt such happiness and peace being with my family.

Little Sawyer boy is so dang funny.  He is stubborn and so smart and so independent.  He wasn't feeling super, and he just wanted to be with grandpa (my dad) so I didn't really get a chance to bond with him this night, but he did give me some smiles.  Stratton immediately became my little buddy and it made me so happy.  We played a little and I got to read him a bedtime story.  It was so special.  

We didn't stay too long, the little ones needed to go to bed, and honestly so did we.  We were so pooped!  So that's what we did.  We basically went straight to bed.    

No comments:

Post a Comment